Can you believe it’s already the 4th of July?!? Our friends at BevMo! have some very patriotic cocktail recipes to kick your holiday into high gear. These could also make some really fun signature cocktails for your wedding!
Hurry to your closest BevMo! and stock up for the holiday, just remember to please drink responsibly!!
Festive Firecracker Cocktail
- 1¼ oz 1941 Vodka
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 1¼ oz Blue Curaçao
- ¾ oz Grenadine
- Splash of Simple Syrup
- 1. Pour grenadine into bottom of an empty Collins glass.
- 2. Add ice.
- 3. Gently pour curaçao over spoon to layer over grenadine.
- 4. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
- 5. Strain over curaçao and serve.
- 3 pounds watermelon
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- Ice cubes
- 1 ¼ cups ginger ale
- ¼ cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 or 4 splashes bitters
- 1. Purée 3 pounds watermelon in a food processor.
- 2. In a large pitcher, muddle 2 tablespoons fresh mint with 1 tablespoon superfine sugar.
- 3. Fill it with ice cubes.
- 4. Stir in 2 cups purée, 1¼ cups ginger ale, ¼ cup vodka, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and 3 or 4 splashes bitters.
- 5. Garnish with fresh mint.
- 1 part Pinnacle® Tropical Punch Vodka
- 1 part Dekuyper® Blue Curacao Liqueur
- 2 parts Lemon Soda
- 1 part Grenadine
- Mint Sprig
- Lightly mix the vodka and lemon soda in a cocktail shaker with ice and set aside.
- In a tall glass, add the grenadine slowly to the bottom.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Strain the vodka soda mixture over the back of a bar spoon, followed by the blue curacao.
- Garnish with fresh mint, lemon rind star and berries. (optional)
Independence Day Fireworks Cocktail
1.5 ounces Hangar One Citron Vodka
1 ounce Trés Agaves Tequila
1 ounce homemade limeade
1 ounce pineapple juice
4 ounces Angry Orchard Apple Ginger
Fill a martini shaker with ice. Add the Hangar 1 Citron Vodka, Trés Agaves tequila, homemade limeade, pineapple juice. Shake a few times to mix, then strain into a pint glass filled with ice. Top with Angry Orchard, garnish with a lime, and serve.
Red, White, & Blue Sangria
- 1 bottle white wine (Note that you will be incorporating several fruits, so you should rely on a dryer, subtler wine like a Pinot Grigio)
- 1 ½ cups sparkling lemonade
- ½ cup vodka Go with a classic like Grey Goose to please the crowd, or venture for the spicy Hangar One Straight Vodka distilled from Viognier grapes and Midwestern grains.
- 2 large granny smith apples
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- The morning of your festivities (likely July 4th) wash your Granny Smith apples and slice them fairly thin.
- Use your star-shaped cookie cutter to create patriotic star-shaped apple pieces. Plan your cuts so you yield as many stars as possible from each slice.
- The rest of the process is simple. In a large pitcher add the white wine, sparkling lemonade, and vodka of your choice.
- Wash the remaining berries and add the apple slices, blueberries, raspberries, and sliced strawberries.
- Feel free to stir in order to mix the berries, but do not shake once the vodka is in the pitcher.
- Refrigerate for up to four hours before serving, and prepare for your all-American beverage to be a smash hit.
Serving Suggestions: When you’re ready to unveil your Red, White, & Blue Sangria serve it chilled and drink immediately. Mason jars are great glasses for this type of drink – the round design showcases the colorful assortment of berries and the clinking of the glass is pleasing to the ears. Add some patriotic flair by including blue or red-striped straws and coordinating cocktail parasols.
Aqua Blue Vodka Punch
- 2 cups of vodka
- 1 cup of Blue Curaçao
- 2 cups of chilled lemonade
- 4 cups of frozen pineapple juice
- Garnish with a lemon or cherry
- Stir together the vodka, curacao and lemonade, blending in the frozen pineapple juice last to lend a slushy texture.
Red, White and Blue Shots
- 1 part DeKuyper® Blue Curacao Liqueur
- 1 parts DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps Liqueur
- 1 parts Grenadine
- Pour grenadine into the bottom of a shot glass.
- Gently float DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps over the grenadine.
- Gently top the shot glass with DeKuyper® Blue Curacao Liqueur.
Apple Pie Cocktail
- 2 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 8 oz apple cider
- 1 oz half & half
- caramel sauce
- 2 oz Cinnamon Whiskey
- In a cocktail shaker, add vodka, whiskey, apple cider, and heavy cream.
- Cover and shake for 30 seconds. Add ice and pour cocktail shaker contents equally divided between 2 glasses.
- Drizzle top of drink with a little caramel sauce. Serve immediately.
Cocktail Recipes all from BevMo!
It’s official fall, even though it’s still sunny and in the 70’s in San Diego….
Here’s a little something from our friends from BevMo! to make you feel more like it’s really fall!
- 2 oz Vodka
- 5 oz Ginger Beer
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Syrup
- Pumpkin pie spice-sugar for rim ( 1⁄2 sugar/ 1⁄2 pumpkin pie spice)
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and pumpkin pie spice to create mixture for rim of mug.
- Dip copper mug in water and immediately dip mug into pumpkin pie spice-sugar mixture.
- Combine vodka, ginger beer and pumpkin pie syrup in a glass and stir well to combine.
- Fill mug with ice and pour mixture into the prepared glass.
As things heat up this summer, why not cool down with a Summer Breeze?? Best part is, you won’t break a sweat, it’s quick and easy to make from BevMo! (recipe below)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add contents.
- Shake well, strain into chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a small watermelon ball.
In case you are looking to add a little fun to your Fourth of July festivities, here’s a Patriotic Jello Shot from our partners at BevMo! (recipe below)
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin (about 3 tablespoons)
- ¾ cup cold water
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- ¾ cups sugar
- ¾ cups white or silver rum
- Red: 3 tablespoons of grenadine
- White: 2 tablespoons of cream of coconut
- Blue: 2 tablespoons of blue curacao
- 1. Pour the gelatin powder into a medium mixing bowl. Add the cold water and stir to combine. Allow to sit for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the gelatin has absorbed the water.
- 2. Whisk in the hot water until the gelatin is dissolved. Whisk in the sugar until it is dissolved. Add the rum and stir to combine.
- 3. Divide the Jello base evenly into 3 separate bowls (a little over 1 cup of liquid per bowl).
- 4. To the first bowl, add the grenadine and stir to combine.
- 5. To the second bowl, add the cream of coconut and stir to combine.
- 6. To the third bowl, add the blue curaçao and stir to combine.
- 7. Pour 1½ tablespoons of the red jello mixture into the bottom of 18 2-ounce silicone molds. Refrigerate the jello for 30 minutes, or until the jello has started to set and the surface is firm.
- 8. Remove the jello from the fridge, and pour 1½ tablespoons of the white jello into each mold. Return the jello shots to the fridge and let set for 20 minutes.
- 9. Remove the shots from the fridge, and pour in 1½ tablespoons of the blue jello into each mold. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to make sure the jello is completely set.
- 10. Cover the mold with plastic wrap (or the cover it came with) and keep the jello shots refrigerated until ready to serve.
- 11. If using a mold, place the bottom of the mold in very warm water for 10 to 20 seconds to loosen the jello from the mold. The jello should easy slide out of the mold on its own or with a little bit of a push once inverted. Serve with the red jello on top.
Happy Memorial Day! In the spirit, today’s Mangia Monday is Red, White and Blue! We are so thankful for all of our veterans and we encourage all of you to take a moment to truly remember those who
paid the ultimate price for us to live in this great nation! We’re so lucky to live in the land of the free because of the brave! Thank you to all of our military!!
Check out this Electric Vodka Lemonade from BevMo!! The American themed presentation will be a hit at any bridal event!
Electric Lemonade (one serving)
2 ounces Skyy vodka
1 ounce Hiram Walker blue curacao
2 ounces Santa Cruz lemonade
1 ounce sweet & sour
Cherries for garnishing
To make a pitcher of this lemonade for a large group, multiple these measurements by the number of guests you expect.
If you’re feeling especially spirited, freeze a cherry or raspberry lemonade to use as ice cubes. The color will begin to change as the ice melts, but the initial presentation is fabulous.
BevMo has quite the treat! This Beerimisu recipe is a twist on an old favorite. The Stout adds an extra kick to a classic recipe!
¼ cup mascarpone, softened
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
½ cup Stout
cocoa, to garnish
Combine the mascarpone and sugar in a bowl, stir to dissolve. Whip the whipping cream in a mixer until stiff peaks form (2-3) minutes. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture. In another shallow bowl, pour in beer, and place Ladyfingers in, not letting them get too soggy. In the bottom of 4 dessert cups, layer the Stout Ladyfingers, then the mascarpone mixture, and dust lightly with cocoa. Continue until glasses are full.